Volunteer with Quarriers and be part of something amazing
You could be part of an organisation that makes a real difference to thousands of people’s lives. Quarriers need people from all over the country whatever your age, whether you’re studying, employed or retired. A few hours a week will make a difference not only to the lives of the people we support, but in your life too.
What’s in it for you?
Volunteering is a worthwhile activity that will enhance your life and aid personal development.
By volunteering for Quarriers, you can:
- gain new experiences and learn new skills
- build confidence and self esteem
- make use of existing skills
- be valued and appreciated
- gain a sense of achievement
- do something of special or personal interest
- make a difference in the community
- try something new and meet new people
- have fun!
You can add value to Quarriers
We welcome the involvement of volunteers in our organisation because of the unique qualities they bring. Volunteers add value to Quarriers’ work and enrich the lives of the people we support by bringing:
- specialist skills and knowledge
- new ideas
- flexibility to focus intently on a particular issue or task
- immediate access to the community
To ensure you are fully supported to undertake your volunteering role with us, we offer free training.
Training can be as simple as an induction or it can include more details specific to the role you’ll be doing. This will give you a broader knowledge of disability care and support needs, active listening skills, relationship building, etc. which can be very useful in other aspects of life.
Team building with a difference, bringing your organisation together to make a difference to the people we support. Contact us via the details on the right, or click here for more information.
more in Volunteering
UK National Charity Awards
Quarriers were Highly Commended at the 2011 UK Charity Awards in London.
Get in touch
Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Quarriers Head Office
Telephone: 01505 616109